Now that the holidays and excitement of the new year are over, it’s time to get serious about those resolutions you made! One of the most intimidating things about focusing on your wellness is figuring out what changes need to be made and how to incorporate healthy habits into your routine. And what’s better than incorporating a fitness class or two into your routine? In a group setting, you’ll be more apt to push yourself harder and you might even make a new friend!
If you’re not sure where to start, try these fitness classes!
- Yoga – A great way to meditate and stretch your muscles, there are various types of yoga to try, each with different benefits. There are several yoga studios in the Savannah area, all of which offer both heated and unheated classes!
- Indoor Cycling – Over the last few years, indoor cycling has become increasingly popular and is a great way to get your sweat on. Incorporating high-intensity cardio, strength training, and choreography, indoor cycling is a complete mind-body experience. Savannah offers several indoor cycling studios, each with their own introductory offers for your first ride.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – Most HIIT classes are 60 minutes long and offer a full-body workout. The training techniques were created to increase your metabolism, and if done right, HIIT is one of the most effective and efficient workouts you can do!
- Boxing – Did you know that boxing is considered high-intensity interval training (HIIT), strength training, and metabolic conditioning (METCON) all in one? Boxing classes are not only meant to help you protect yourself – they can be fun and exciting too!
- Barre – Not a fan of intense cardio? Barre is a full-body workout that focuses on small, isometric movements to help build and strengthen your muscles. Classes incorporate aerobics into each workout, and over time barre can even help increase flexibility.